Since my grandpa lived to be 101, I keep telling myself that I’m only a tad bit over the middle of my life. I hope to be blessed with his longevity, and pray that I’ll have the good health he maintained up until the end of his life.
Thinking back on what I’ve done over the years, and the things that have shaped me into the person I am today, I’ve been reminiscing about the many different jobs I’ve held. I thought it would be fun to make a list, so bear with me. This list is in chronological order. You’ll probably laugh at a few of them…
1. Concession stand worker at the Valley Center Flick drive-in theater – Smelterville, Idaho
2. Camp Counselor – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
3. Outdoor Education camp instructor – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
4. Singer/Entertainer at Gladys’ Pizza Parlor – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
5. Burger King employee – drive-thru was my forte – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
6. Bakery worker (can’t remember the name of it) – Oceanside, CA
7. Concessions/Ticket sales/Asst. Mgr at Mann Theater – Oceanside, CA
8. Fill-in church secretary – Pinehurst, Idaho
9. Tupperware Lady/Mgr. – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
10. Maid at the Blackwell House Bed & Breakfast – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
11. Office manager for the Lake City Playhouse – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
12. Singer/Entertainer with Chris Driesbach – Coeur d’Alene & Post Falls, Idaho
13. Broadway & Beyond convention entertainer – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
14. Voice over talent & on-camera commercials – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho & Spokane, WA
15. Singer/Entertainer with the band, Jambeau – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
16. Singer/Entertainer with Chuck Borris – Post Falls, Idaho
17. Runway model – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
18. Voice over talent & on-camera commercials – Nashville, TN
19. Asst. Mgr. Everything’s a Dollar – Nashville, TN
20. Asst. Mgr/Mgr. – Stuart’s Clothing Store – Nashville, TN
21. Singing telegram delivery talent – Top Kats – Nashville, TN
22. Store Mgr. – Lechter’s Housewares – Nashville, TN
23. Accounts Receivable – Athena Computer Learning Center – Nashville, TN
24. Demo singer – Heartake Productions – Goodlettsville, TN
25. Self-employed doing eBay – Goodlettsville, TN
26. Server/Trainer – O’Charley’s – Springfield, TN
27. Accounts Receivable/Payable/Finance Mgr – Nashville Tractor – Nashville, TN
28. Actress – Murder Mystery Players – Nashville, TN
29. Full time home caregiver – Greenbrier, TN
30. Full time AUTHOR
Whew! Are you as tired as I am? I didn’t include all the community theater work I’ve done and I also realized I left out summer theater that I did for two consecutive summers with the Northwest Summer Playhouse in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. I’m pretty sure I probably forgot some other little jobs here and there. I’m happy to say that I’ve never been without work, and that I’ve never been fired. I’ve always believed that no matter what job I’m doing I should always give it my best.
I feel extremely blessed that I can devote my time to writing now. I have a lot of life experiences to draw from. And I’ve worn many different hats! I actually still have a collection of name tags from some of my different jobs. Weird, huh?
I decided to write out this list because I’ve had people ask me, what haven’t you done? Well, that list would be a whole lot longer than this one. Still, I hope I’m done adding to my list.
But I have to say that above and beyond the things I got paid to do, the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done has been being a mom, a grandmother, and a wife. I wouldn’t trade those positions for anything!
In choosing a profession, writing fulfills me more than any other ‘job’ I’ve held! Honestly, it doesn’t feel like a job. That’s how I used to feel about singing. But the older I get, the less I think people will want to hear me sing. I’m sure glad I found something else I love just as much!
So, I’ll just WRITE ON!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
These are awesome! Love it!
Thanks, Melissa! It was fun putting the list together. 🙂
Lots of great memories.
Hi honey. You forgot your short time being a hundred dollar bill for a bank in Nashville. Love you. Mom
You’re right, Mom! Not sure how I forgot that one. Not everyone gets to dress up like money and get paid for it! 🙂